Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wandering Aimlessly

I found myself wandering aimlessly unsure of how I got here. I looked around and noticed something familiar that was disguised by the mask of time. The sensation let me know that time had not altered its ability to draw my insides out. Time had not diminished its ability to fill me with peace and the sense of home that comforts my soul. A genuine strength that exists regardless of time or distance yet when I reach out to embrace it, it slips away. If I had imagined the possibility of embracing something so real, whether as a child or in my dreams, I could never have imagined something so full of beauty, warmth and depth. Still, I never imagined that all of this could be within reach and yet beyond my grasp. I may have been wandering the halls of my mind without a map or strolling through the hollowed walls of my dreams believing it to be real. In either case, it has a grip on me. Still, I cannot fully embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment