Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Colors of Love

Time for sharing poetry again. I have been writing poetry since about the age of 10. Writing was always an outlet, a saving grace for me in the early years. I was not sure that I loved it or that I was even good at it but it gave me a sense of freedom and helped me through my childhood. It helped me to save myself from getting lost in those very dark places that look inviting to a child that is suffering and suffering, I was. So, after some time, writing became more than just an outlet for me. I fell in love with writing and began really learning a lot about my struggles, the lessons within them and my triumphs from reading what I had written. Also, I began to grow as a writer and this made me love it even more deeply. As my passion for writing grew, I experienced a lot of growth and that cycle has continued throughout the years. My writing from the early years seems much different to me than the compositions that I create today.
Here is a poem I wrote on 7/25/90:

The Colors of Love

It's love and personality
Stemming from positive minds
Hearts come together
Bringing forth more and more
Of the colors of the world

Here, there, and in between
As time turns
The light breaks out
Across the land each day

The colors of the world
Though often tucked away
And sometimes lost
In the chaos of everyday life
Are vivid and constant
If not gradually brighter
In the middle of

LOVE

Running high
Forward into the night

By Kyra Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment