Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Reality

The Reality,
It is harsh and cold
It is blameless and full of fear
It feels new and somehow old
Even when it's foggy, it is still clear

It is filled with passion and desire
It is serenaded by heart strings
It sets our souls on fire
Accompanied by the pain it brings
Reality is our friend, our enemy and everything
in between.

It is the wars between what we know, what we don't and what we believe to be.
It is the fear of what we have done, where we have been and what we have seen.

Reality trips us up along the way, brings us back from fantasy and reminds us that pleasure is not free.

Desire, confusion, passion, illusion, mystery, pain, strength, loss, loneliness, comfort, insecurity, responsibility, ignorance, sadness, fear and disappointment are all part of reality.

We are all alone with our own reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment