Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stage Fright

From time to time, I will share things that I have written at different points in my life. The following poem was written many years ago, a few weeks after my sixteenth birthday. At times, I struggle with whether or not I really like my earlier compositions. This is one that I can find value in because it has good elements and I think the reader can easily relate to it. I enjoy looking at my earlier works in comparison to more recent ones as it shows growth as a person and as a writer. See what you think.

Stage Fright

A scene is created
To amuse and entertain
The atmosphere seems
Something more than plain.

Changing surfaces
In order to deceive
Trading places
So the viewers will believe.

Cast into a family
Where reality has no name
All of it's members attempt
To be the master of the game.

Pretenders falling closer
Time and space collide
Must we read between the lines
To discover what is inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment