Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Gaze

Part One

There it was amidst your gaze
like a starry night
in the country
every twinkle shining
brighter than the one before.
Every time my eyes met yours,
I was carried to some distant shore,
letting go,
seemingly abandoned,
lying in the rising tide.
Shall I be captured
by this tide
only to be cast away
into the cold and dark
alone, searching for your gaze
once again.

Part two


No, the treasure lies
in my ability and desire
to cherish the gaze,
invite the tide to caress me,
welcome the travel to distant shores,
keep my eyes on the tide,
embrace the cold and dark of it
for they too offer warmth and light.

The treasures are not in the gaze alone
and therefor, I should not be searching for it.
Instead, uncovering all the jewels
now buried deep within,
my rewards aplenty.
The work ahead appears
both painstaking and fruitful.
The focus must be on the truth,
the facts, the spoken,
overpowering the unknown,
the speculation, and
the unspoken.

Part Three


How easily the unknown,
the unspoken could draw me
into a variety of arenas,
questioning all the possibilities.
Could it have meant?
Could it mean?
Could it someday be?
Could it become
something more to me
just by focusing on the unknown,
the unspoken?

It is possible to be drawn into
a world of disillusionment,
betrayal of self,
completely out of touch with reality
if the focus is shifted.

Part Four

It is then, that I ask the question.
Why had I allowed the focus to stray at all?
Was it out of desperation?
Loneliness? Emptiness?
Drawn to the life streaming from your gaze.
Drawn to it by power, time and place.
The answers are many.
The questions, too, are many.
The confusion remains in the shadows.
Still, I must embrace, even that which
I cannot fully comprehend
as part of the joy and wonder of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment