Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Clearing Away The Clutter

Here is a piece that I completed in November of 2002. After some life changing experiences during a trip to California that month, I did a lot of writing. I will certainly share more of this writing in the future as it reflects the evolution that took place in me during that time.

Clearing Away The Clutter

Clearing away the clutter
who imagined it could have such an effect?
To be able to think more clearly,
feel more deeply,
be reunited with your senses, as if,
having met them for the first time.
Breathing much more easily,
seeing much further than before,
observing so many little details
of which I had not even been aware.
The details shine brightly.
It amazes me
that I could have lived without
the depth of feeling.
The details seem to be as necessary as
the air in my lungs
in allowing the blood
to continue to flow.

The world is grand,
the variables are many.
It is an ocean great and fierce,
so beautiful and scary,
so deep and wide,
so full and so lonely,
so blue with many shades of grey,
so vast and yet boxed in.
Turning each way to face yet another wall
to break through.
Oh, what splendor, to break through.
For something new, fresh and awesome awaits
to bring life to something inside
waiting to awaken
with splendor, with awe, full of wonder.

No matter the timing,
there is no preparation to be made.
For, these wonders come and surprise
even the most skilled seekers of life.
It is not in breath that we live,
not in a day or a moment that we live.
It is in wonder that we dance, that we live
full, whole and in awe of the dance, the life, the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment