Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mountain Home: Whistle Stop Road

Almost twenty years ago, I set out on an endeavor that I had been thinking about for quite some time.  When I first began writing, I had the desire to turn my poetry into song lyrics as I was very passionate about and deeply moved by music.  It was not until my early 20's that I actually set out on this journey.  I started this project with a couple of very influential people in my life who were also talented musicians.  We did work on the lyrics and melodies for some time and nailed down some pretty good material but, unfortunately, it ended there.  I am now at a point in my life where I am going to revisit these songs and hopefully follow through with it this time.  I want to share one of the songs with you today.
This one is called is about a place I call Whistle Stop Road, see what you think.


Mountain Home: Whistle Stop Road


Boarded the 8 am
Headed for the mountains again
Behind me the city fades
As I make my escape
Into as deep inside of me
As I could ever be
Searched far and wide
City to city to mountainside

1st chorus
From the crowded time
Where I was lost
Into this heart of mine
To feel the cause

2nd chorus
This time I'm here to stay
Found my home
I've found my way

Now this Whistle Stop Road
Is a place to call my own

Now I live and love the night
And drink the light of day

Feel as though I might
Shine along the way

(Repeat 1st and 2nd chorus)

Now this Whistle Stop Road
Has Become my mountain home

(Repeat 2nd chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment