Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

AGE

Today, I share with you a piece that I composed in 1998. I was in my mid twenties and preparing for a lot of big life changes; marriage, newly built home, life-threatening heart surgery for my Father and new challenges at work. It was a year full and rich in many ways but deep with emotional struggles as well. It was definitely a year filled with many life lessons. See what you think. Can you relate to feeling this way at some points in your life?


AGE

Sophistication, Wisdom, Power, Strength . . .
Fear, Reality, Helplessness, Loneliness . . .

We look forward to it until we reach it.
We enjoy it until we see the reality of it.

It comes so quickly to meet us.
It steps in the door before it knocks.

What happened? Not so fast! Where did it go?
The time, the youth . . . yesterday.

We wanted to be big. We wanted to drive.
We wanted to go out on our own. We wanted to get married.
We wanted to have a family. We wanted. We wanted . . .
But not anymore.

Now we want it all back.
To cherish, to treasure, to have it all over again.

If you are not here yet.
You get a second chance.
Make it your miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment