Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Standing Still . . . Awakened!

A follow up to my last post, this is another composition of mine from that same period in November of 2002 when I was experiencing some serious changes in myself, in my perspective from the inside out.

Standing Still . . . Awakened!

Time passed and I stood still,
waiting for the world to offer itself,
waiting for the fruits of my labor to be offered up
as reward for hardships,
as payment overdue
for pain and suffering,
for years, for tears, for heartache
as if it was owed to me,
as if it was written in some contract
of life, of parent to child,
of friend to friend, of sibling to sibling . . .
a contract, written by me for myself.

No other is responsible
for bringing the fruits to the table,
for bringing the fruits to me,
for bringing me to the fruits
that are offered by the world,
waiting to be selected and tasted,
devoured, enjoyed, savored
for each and every bite offers
a sample of sweet, sour, bitter,
rough in texture,
filling me whole and leaving behind
a taste of sweet, a bit of sour,
bitterness on the tongue
that lingers awhile
offering gifts
for my senses
to be awakened,
awakened day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment