Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sunflower Fields Shall Reveal

Is it even real
Telling you only half of what I feel?
Holding back for your gain,
Burying the sadness and the pain.

Are we really friends
If I don't know where to begin?
Do you really care
That I am gasping for air?

I am standing in the shadows
Of those sunflowers in the meadow,
Dreaming that you will look for me there.
I am cold and lonely, lost and bare.

I am desperately searching my mind for a place
That isn't filled with longing or disgrace.
How did I get here in a flash,
If it was not built to last?

Why should it have to be discarded?
Only fools take the role of the broken hearted.
Why did you lead me to the sunflower fields
Only for the empty truth to be revealed?

By Kyra Faith
November 21,2006

No comments:

Post a Comment