Inside Out Of My Mind

About Me

My photo
Born and raised in Metro Detroit. I have a deep love for the city and all that it has to offer. Always seeking growth, absorbing all that I can and cherishing the treasures that I collect along the way. I am fortunate in my life to experience many true connections with others where I am gifted with energy, light, passion and grace.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Disconnected Connection

We run to convenience
Losing the personal touch
That as humans,
We crave so much.
We become so disconnected
All the while
Convincing ourselves
We are more connected, more in touch.
We are less in tune with reality,
becoming more and more disjointed.

If we cannot hear
The emotions behind the words
If we cannot experience
All that is revealed in body language.
Can we really engage?
Can we really connect?
We can read the words
Or hear the voices,
All is left up to our interpretation.
Still, it is like watching
A performance from backstage.


Written by Kyra Faith 8/12/2005 and revised 3/28/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment